Thursday, February 5, 2015

Get A Load Of This!

Hi all!  It’s time for another Fun Friday post.  For the next 2 weeks we have this as our inspiration pic:

 YNS Color Challenge 7

And here’s our sketch:

YNSSketch-7

And here’s my take on the sketch:

KeepOnTrucking2

I used the Keep On Trucking stamp set and matching dies, and also the Spring/Summer Scene Die Set.  I stamped the truck on white cardstock with my MISTI using Memento ink, then colored with Copics, and overstamped with Versafine to get the tires extra black.  Finally I cut it out using the matching die and mounted it with foam dots on my background.

The background was made by cutting 3 different shades of brown cardstock with the 2 curvy landscape dies.  I roughed up the edges with my scissors and mounted them on the blue cardstock.  I added a couple of clouds with the Scene dies as well.

For the sentiment, I cut it apart <gasp!> and then stamped the 2 parts separately with my MISTI.

We hope you’ll play along with us!  All the details can be found on the YNS Challenge Blog.  Happy stamping!  ~Maureen

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the added touch of the roughed up edges of that scene! Just a little touch of added character brings out even more cuteness to this adorable card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!