Monday, November 17, 2014

Big Eye Elf with Roses

Hi all!  I colored this image from Aurora Wings a long time ago, but I just made it into a card now.  I love to look at people’s super fancy embellished cards (you know, the kinds with roses, lace, frantage, ribbons, die cuts hanging off the edges, etc.), but I just can’t do it myself.  This is as fancy as I go! lol!

ElfWithRoses1

I printed Big Eye Elf with Roses and colored her with Prismacolor pencils and then dotted on Liquid Pearls to finish it off.  I added some tulle and a little ribbon bow and called it a day.  I haven’t added a sentiment so that I can figure out what to do with it later.

I’m SO happy with how the face and hair and especially the eyes came out, that I wanted to show you a close up:

ElfWithRoses1b

Oh yeah, the white highlights were done with a white Sharpie paint pen.

This is my second entry into the Aurora Wings FB November 2014 contest – My Favorite Aurora Wings Digi.  She really is one of my faves, not only because she’s just gorgeous, but because I’m so proud of how I colored her!

This is also for the Aurora Wings challenge blog – anything goes.  I hope you like it and TFL!

2 comments:

  1. You should be proud, Maureen! LOVE those eyes! Your coloring is exquisite and the added pearls and delicate tulle and bow set her off beautifully. Nothing else needed. Thanks so much for joining our ATG Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work, Maureen. Love your coloring on the image - how subtle and gentle the shading, nothing harsh, everything perfectly harmonious. I love it! The delicate tulle and bow frame your work softly. Like Donna said, nothing else needed. ^_^ Thank you for joining "Anything Goes" at Aurora Wings. Good luck!

    Mitzi xxx
    Artist/Owner Aurora Wings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!