Sunday, February 2, 2014

Twinkle, Twinkle

Hi all!  I’m slowly getting back into the challenge groove and I have another couple cards, this time for the CAS(E) this Sketch challenge.  Here’s the first (although it’s technically the 3rd or 4th since I trashed my first efforts):

StarryNight1

I used Make The Cut and my Zing cutter to create a mask out of plain computer paper, then I put down the Stargaze stencil and inked a couple Distress Ink colors through both.  I sponged the same colors on the card base so it would match and added a couple sentiments from the Starry Night set.  Finally I finished the card off with some black sequins.

Here’s my second card:

TalkBubbles5

For this one, I cut a strip of acetate 1.5” wide and used it to mask off my panel.  I sponged a couple Distress Inks around it and then spattered on some Heidi Swap black mist.  I removed the strip and stamped a sentiment from the Talk Bubbles 2 set.  I hope you like them and TFL!

3 comments:

  1. These are both super fun but I especially love the second one with the blank stripe and gorgeous inking around it! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both great, but I especially love the second one! Fabulous takes on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!