Thursday, November 21, 2013

YNS November New Release Hop

YNS November 2013 Hop Badge
 
Hello and welcome to the Your Next Stamp November New Release Blog Hop! We have several adorable new stamp sets, and an amazing new die set being released today! You can find them all NOW at the Your Next Stamp Store!
 
The hop begins on Julie's Blog, and if you've been hopping along then you should have arrived from Susan's blog. If you leave comments on all of the DT blogs you could win a stamp set of your choice as well as a pack of YNS Gumdrops!
 
YNS November 2013 Hop Prize
 
And now for my projects today.  I’ve been wanting to try some mixed media projects so I dipped my toes in the water with this card:
 
PerfectBlend1
I used the Perfect Blend scene set with some Glitz alphas for my sentiment.  I applied some gesso to a book page (so the print wouldn’t be bold) and then stamped the scene stamp.  I colored with InkTense Pencils and a little water and used Distress Ink on the edges.  Finally I mounted it on more gessoed  book paper with some cheesecloth and dark brown mulberry paper.
 
For my next project, I have a super cute and fun little box using the new Take Out Box die set that I helped design!!
 
TakeOutBox1
 
I cut the box out of 12x12 patterned paper and assembled.  Then I tied it with some red twill ribbon and rustic twine.  Finally I attached a tag with a die cut sentiment  (both from the same die set) so you know there are treats inside!
 
As always, Karen is offering a fabulous hop discount! You will receive 15% off your entire order through November 27th!
 
YNS November 2013 Hop Specials
 
You can also find YNS on Facebook and Pinterest .
 
Now it's time to hop on over to Thanh's blog, but don't forget to leave a comment before you go! Happy hopping and shopping!

20 comments:

  1. Oh love the texture on your card - really pops the cute image out! And the treat box is simple and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, Maureen! That looks awesome stamped on the book page! Your treat box is so fun-such a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I highly respect the work of people who work with mixed media projects. Very stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this cute little scene, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely projects. The box is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how much dimension is on that card, Maureen! Can' wait to see what else you create with that treat box.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects, Maureen!! I'm sure you will come up with some fabulous videos with all of your new ideas!! :) :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your creations are wonderful - both of them! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing projects. I love how you stamped on the book page. Nothing better than a good book and a cup of coffee/latte/cocoa etc.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool mixed media card and sweet treat box.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you stamped the image on designed papers like that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the water colour look on the card and gift boxes are always handy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I just love the newsprint background paper! Oh the good ol' days of coffee and a newspaper!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful projects...cute treat box and love the newsprint on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great treat box! Thumbs up on having a hand in designing. Love the card. Overall design is fabulous. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card Maureen, I must try more mixed media as it really is a lot of fun! I love that treat box, thanks for helping me design it!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good for you with the mixed media! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!